Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pork loin

Can you make pulled pork from a pork loin? I have been elected to smoke some pulled pork for my grandsons cubscout troop and they purchased pork loin instead of butts. I have never cooked a loin before.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·

Comments

• Pork loin doesn't have enough fatty tissue in it for pulled pork.  By the time it reached pulling temperatures --  it would be dry !  Best bet is to cook it for slicing -- pulled at 140 dergrees..
    ·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,652
    I agree. You could also cube or chop up the loin and sauce it. Don't cook it to 200.
    ·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 332
    edited February 2013
    Well I talked to the scout master and they told me that they used pork loin last year but they cooked them in crockpots. So these loins are gonna be cooked in a crockpots this year also but I am gonna cook a couple of butts in the egg to go with them. My swmbo is gonna cook a half a loin in her crockpot and mix it with the butts I cook on the egg.. 

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
  • I cook them in crock pots and cover in coke.  Cook for about 6-7 hours on hi and you will love them.  Drain then put back in pulled apart with forks and cover in a full bottle of sweet baby ray's bbq sauce.  It is amazing!! 
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    We cut it into one inch steaks throw on a rub and grill it to 140F IT.
    ·