Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

cold smoking now, have questions, where are Mighty Quinn, Nola, Utarted???

smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,494
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well I am into the 4th hour of cold smoke. The bellies don't look any different than when I put them on. Have my small sitting at 300. the smoke is slowly rising out of the large egg. It is freaking me out. I haven't seen any change at all in the colour of the meat. When does it take on the smokey look that you all have shown pictures of. I was planning to smoke for 8 hours today, but am wondering if it is going to need longer. Ambient temp today is 38-40 and when I stick the thermopen down the upper vent of the large, I get a reading of between 49-50* My understanding is that temps up to around 90* are ok. Am I on the right track here. What should the meat look like, does it take on much of a colour. Could one of you that have done this a few times, please hold my hand :).
I have done a lot of salmon smoking in a Little Chief smoker, but this is a way colder smoke. Hhhhhhhhelp.

Comments