Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Digging Out

sorry no cooks like Jasper and Holloway yet, planning a turbo butt Sunday.
greeted by this when I opened the garage door:

view from kitchen door:

testimony that my freeze-prevention aluminum sheets work:

path to the shed for supplies:

another family that outnumbers my egg family :(
canuckland
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    Love it...wish to hell we'd get some here in TN.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 813
    edited February 2013
    This was our drive yesterday morning.  You have quite a lot of cooking capacity there, I only have one large now I have egg envy ;)

Gerhard

·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,512
    Wow. Looks like you shoveled out the important stuff first.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,933
    Life is all about priorities (and survival :)).  You can deal with the important BGE related issues or address some other less critical household demands-and your decisions could have quite an impact on your life expectancy...Full props to those who recognize the need to provide food for the family and realize the snow can wait  :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    Wow...just wow.  I feel for all you guys dealing with Nemo.   The "L, XL, S" picture is perfect!
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    What are those things with handles on the ends of them? And why do you have a picture of a floor sander :))
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • KempyKempy Posts: 186
    I feel for you.  We are expecting a blizzard to hit here (central South Dakota) tonight or Sunday morning.  Not looking forward to digging out.  I live on a corner lot with no frontage between the sidewalk and street.  I'm fulling expecting to having to clear 2+ feet of snow off my sidewalk by time the snowplows come by.  Good thing I have an 8 hour cook to look forward to.
    ·
  • NewEnglandEggerNewEnglandEgger Posts: 104
    edited February 2013
    Similar scene here in RI. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    Supposed to be flying to Boston Monday
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • What's that white powdery stuff?
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
    ·
  • The pic with the Egg sizes is totally cool.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • The sheets of foil are brilliant. I ripped my gasket to shreds when I opened the egg while it wa frozen shut. We got some slushy mess for snow from that storm here in central PA. I wish it would just snow already. We keep getting an inch or 2 at q time. That's just irritating.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • When I first looked at the foil pic I thought your eggs were full of snow and I was thinking how did snow blow in there. Great pics, very glad I'm in Atlanta
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Cool pics. I hope to never see snow again in my life other than pics and movies ha. I would think it'd be easy to hold low temps tho ha
    Boom
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,476
    Just want to clarify those circular discs are cut from recycled aluminum sheet used in printing industry; it's about the same gauge as soup can,light, rigid and easy to cut. 
    canuckland
    ·
  • The pic with the Egg sizes is totally cool.

+1 had a good chuckle when I saw that. Good Luck out there, it is one crazy storm.
    ·
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 202

The pic with the snow piled on the eggs reminded me of the SNL skit "cone heads"  with Dan Akroyd.

Very funny.

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Thank God for "global warming " ! B-)
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,045
    I love Central Texas :x
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • tgkleman said:

The pic with the snow piled on the eggs reminded me of the SNL skit "cone heads"  with Dan Akroyd.

Very funny.

My eggs are from France

Caledon-20130208-00082.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·