Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New toys ;)

MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,880
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Somehow I went on a splurge today! Had a couple of egg items in my amazon cart and then got the deal on the maverick Et 732 so I just decided to go ahead and check out with all of em!

Got one of them shower cap covers for the eggs in a table, some elbow length welding gloves that came with some legit safety glasses for when I using my map torch and bought everything to put a thick layer of clear coat on my table this weekend!!

Oh and filled up the freezer with butt, managers special at the Kroger so I bought 4 ;)

Happy early valentines to my egg ;)

This all originated from a very funny story. I had finally decided to get a handle from Danny and placed an order with him yesterday. Wife comes home from work and I say, after we talk about her day, hey honey look what I bought for the egg. She says I'm mad at you! And storms out of the kitchen. I'm shocked, wasn't a lot of money, no idea what I did wrong.

So I follow her and say baby what's wrong. She says, "I BOUGHT YOU ONE FROM HIM LAST WEEK FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY!"

I fell out. How in the world did she manage that. Out of all the crazy things! Ha, Danny was great and quite tickled at our story and refunded me and his about to paint the one she ordered.!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 912
    SCORE!! Great score & story. Thanks for sharing.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Sounds like a good day then......by the way, what kind of nursing do you do?  I'm in the ED.

·
  • @nolenut19
    I work in interventional cardiology.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,216

@nolenut19
    I work in interventional cardiology.

You two are in the right fields for the egg. ED for Darwin awards after egg lighting and cards for the caths from too much bbq.
    ·
  • :))Done dat before. Not the handle, but an expresso machine.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,472
    When I read about a handle, I'm thinking Kentucky bourbon ;) 

Good story - happy ending

·
  • Nice, sounds like you have yourself a keeper there.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,365
    Great story. Sounds like the egg is well loved in your family. Have a name for it?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Awesome story. The same happened with my wife and a Mini for by birthday. My wife just loves the fact that I take the cooking load off of her shoulders!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Nice score Mr. nurse ... Be sure and "turbo" one of those butts.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • RLeeper said:

Awesome story. The same happened with my wife and a Mini for by birthday. My wife just loves the fact that I take the cooking load off of her shoulders!

So you got two mini's! I don't think I'd took that one back!!

·
  • shtgunal3 said:

Nice score Mr. nurse ... Be sure and "turbo" one of those butts.

That is next on the agenda. I haven't tried the turbo anything yet

·