Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pig candy

Has anyone tried the pig candy from tasty lick BBQ?

Comments

• jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    Looks like a healthy Super Bowl snack
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,424
    I have my family addicted to pig candy.  We went through 2 pounds on Thanksgiving Day.  Looked on TastyLick's site and couldn't find it.  Here's how I make it:
    Coat bacon with mix of 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed with a teaspoon cayenne pepper (like it hot - adjust as necessary)
    Indirect, on a wire mesh over a drip pan at 400 until starts to crisp
    Brush with pure maple syrup and let it go 5 more minutes.
    Let cool.
    Cut into thirds and enjoy.
    I may also try a batch using @Tjcoley recipe, that looks good.
    Hunter - LBGE

Oxford, MS
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,424
    It's also good using pepper bacon.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,103

I have done it with just brown sugar and cayenne and it was darn good.  Naked whiz has some good instructions:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/pigcandy.htm

I like the idea of adding a little maple syrup!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.