Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Short Ribs

Options
Help!  I screwed up some great looking short ribs a couple of days ago and need to know what I did wrong.  I evoo'd, liberally sprinkled with seasoning salt (my own recipe), garlic powder and covered with Bone Suckin Sauce, wrapped them in Alum Foil with 1/4 cup of water added and sealed.  Put on the BGE to cook indirect.  Dome temp at 230.   Because of some other problems, they were not pulled off the egg until the internal temp. was 190.  When pulled off, the alum foil packet was full of liquid and the ribs were cooked down to tough hunks of meat.  Taste was excellent but tough, tough.  Probably cooked to long.  What internal temp should i shoot for to have them edible for me?  Cancer has left me with a swallowing problem.  My wife was able to eat them without a problem though she agreed that the meat was very tough.  Any suggestions from all you eggers would be appreciated.   

Gordon
Belle's Dad.  

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    I, too had throat caner back in June and am just starting to get my taste buds back. Saliva production is still a slight problem. I hope you are doing well, it'll get better.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.