Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Breakfast sausage?

I have a little overa pound of good breakfast sausage that I thawed out last night and didn't end up cooking this morning. It's been the fridge all day. I don't want it to go to waste, so I'm heating up the Egg right now. What should I do with it? Smoke the whole 1 lb log, roll it into hot dog sized links and cook? Any other suggestions? I don't have any bacon, so the fatty idea is out for tonight.
Athens, GA

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,242
    Maybe make a stuffing or a dip?

I do a sausage dip with 2 bars of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel, and 1 lb sausage. I also add crushed red pepper and garlic. Brown the sausage and break it up into crumbles, then add the other ingredients and cook till combined. I serve it with chips or crackers. I have also done a savory version with sage and the like.
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    You could always do turtle eggs...
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,227
    I like a lb of Jimmy Dean Sage sausage given a heavy dusting of BBQ rub and smoked for 2 hours.  Makes for great sausage biscuits.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,358
    edited January 2013
    Maybe make a stuffing or a dip? I do a sausage dip with 2 bars of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel, and 1 lb sausage. I also add crushed red pepper and garlic. Brown the sausage and break it up into crumbles, then add the other ingredients and cook till combined. I serve it with chips or crackers. I have also done a savory version with sage and the like.
    That really sounds good; bookmarked!  I've done the ol' "Velveeta/Rotel/hamburger" dip many times, this one sounds much better!  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.