Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sunday cook: shrimp, grilled romaine salad, grapefruit

Cooked this shrimp recipe http://m.weber.com/recipes/all/9/460 from the Weber site (thanks to whoever posted it recently). Sides were a grilled romaine salad and fresh grapefruit. Turned out well, I'll repeat but change up the marinade a bit to make it less salty.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
image.jpg 837.8K
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,596
    Looks great!  I've never grilled lettuce before (I don't think so anyway)...what does it do for it?  I've smoked a whole cabbage before, and that was good, so I'm not opposed to trying it. 
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,073
    @dyal_sc - you just barely wilt the leaves. It comes off warm, softer, and seems to pick up the dressing flavor a bit more. It's subtle, but makes for variety.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·