Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Duck season is over, but the Egg is happy!

Ribs and chicken. All you duck hunters out there what were your numbers this year? 1,036 here.
Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
·

Comments

• solasola Posts: 118
    Damn. What's the story behind that? I finished up just short of 300. I had a lot fewer guys hunting this year. Overall an above average year. Feed situation hurt us here, as far as holding birds.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,295
    No wonder we don't have many birds in NC- you all are stacking them like cord wood :))
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • cajunduckcajunduck Posts: 203
    Not a whole bunch of mallards. Mostly greys, widgeon, and teal.
    ·
  • solasola Posts: 118
    edited January 2013
    200 of my 300 were greys. Another 50 GWT. the rest was a mix. Had some beautiful BWT the last two weeks. Where you hunting? I'm in Dularge. Coastal zone. We ended last weekend.
    ·
    Ouachita and Madison Parish
    ·
  • four days left, bad luck to check tallies before its all over
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
    True dat
    ·
  • but guessing from the freezer, I think it was a good year!  B-)
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 815
    cajunduck said:
    Ribs and chicken. All you duck hunters out there what were your numbers this year? 1,036 here.
    What do you do with that many ducks? Gerhard
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    cajunduck said:
     1,036 here.
    If you are having any problems storing all that (or eating it), you can ship some down my way.
    :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • How can you possibly eat 1000 ducks by yourself?  That sounds like a dynasty!
    ·
    That's how many we killed in our blinds. 7 of us.
    ·