Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spider

Setup a cook using my new spider.  I just smoked 2 lbs of sausage.  I have a few 1 inch thick fire brick that I put on top of the spider with no drip pan.  That small amount of sausage won't drip that much and the bricks will burn it off anyway.  I can use it to get my stone 2 + inches above the gasket line.  I also make a quick raised rack.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
AE1.jpg 191.6K
AE4.jpg 151.4K
AE5.jpg 165K
AE1.jpg 191.6K
AE2.jpg 188.5K
AE3.jpg 120.9K
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Looks like a nice setup.  I'd grind off those stubs pointing in the inner ring of the spider if you plan on using a wok - it'll gouge the bottom sides.  If you don't plan on using a wok, it's perfect.

·
  • My brother made it and I want be using a Wok.  It is 304 stainless and tig welded 1/4" bar stock.
    I gave him a drawing and he delivered the spider.  

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·