Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

BGE Godsmacked

FockerFocker Posts: 1,567
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum

A walk-in-the-park cook right?  Well, it started off pretty good staying warm with an ambient of 3*F with Canadian anti-freeze in the bloodstream.  Wish I could blame this one on the alcohol.

550 dome, things looked wonderful from the dome hole.

Smelled a little burnt coming in the house.  Quick shot of the undercarriage revealed a burnt offering.

Wasn't a total loss, eating the toppings and practicing my disc golf backhand.  If it were horseshoes, I would have scored a leaner.

Decided to scale back with the next one.  Both the toppings and temp.

What I learned...

1.  14" pie toppings and 12" pie toppings are different...restrain from topping too heavily.

2.  A lower temp on the small may be better than a higher temp on the large.

3.  An 11" pie on a 12" stone is better than a 12" pie on a 12" stone.  

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Pics coming shortly, having some issues adding pics into the post?  

"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun.
 And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son."--Josh Thompson

Brandon
Quad Cities

Comments