Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help with Gasket - Latest kind from BGE ?

AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum

So I just got back from the local BGE dealer who was going to get me a new gasket.

Apparently BGE has an all new kind of gasket which superseds the nomex (white) one. This new one has a grey color like the old felt ones and needs no adhesive like 3M77. I was not convinced, so a call was made to BGE and they confirmed that this is better than the nomex and the old style. I went around the store and all the new eggs were sporting this new kind as well. I came home with one, but dont know what to do.

Any intel from anyone on the forum?

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    Have a new Large being delivered on Wed with the new felt. Here is hopeing it will last a longer.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I have the new gasket on mine as I just got it.  still looks new after 10+ cooks, including several high temp steak and pizza cooks.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I got that gasket in mail few weeks ago. Just put on today. I gotta realign my top. And supposed to let cure 24 hours before using.
    Boom
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I put one on my large about 4 months ago and it still looks new. I have had a couple of 750 degree cooks and it hasn't phased it a bit! I am we'll pleased with BGE new high temp. Gasket, and I know you will be too!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Thanks guys, any pics? just to ident and make sure my new one is the same.

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Here's the best pic I have.
    image.jpg 242.4K
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
    Kosko said:
    Here's the best pic I have.

Yep, thats what it looked like.

Chattanooga, TN.

·
    hapster said:
    Still currently using my ceramic gasket... ;)

:))

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Aviator said:

So I just got back from the local BGE dealer who was going to get me a new gasket.

Apparently BGE has an all new kind of gasket which superseds the nomex (white) one. This new one has a grey color like the old felt ones and needs no adhesive like 3M77. I was not convinced, so a call was made to BGE and they confirmed that this is better than the nomex and the old style. I went around the store and all the new eggs were sporting this new kind as well. I came home with one, but dont know what to do.

Any intel from anyone on the forum?

Lean somethin new every day.  I'd like to know what this new stuff is.

·
  • http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

Pictures of new high temp gaskets posted back in Sept.2012

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,661
    Just did a pizza cook, in time this gasket will char and burn off like the others. Good luck.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,262
    I upgraded to Nomex. After tons of high temp cooks still looks new.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·