Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grilled Island Chicken with Tropical Salsa

This was a last minute impulse cook. It was in the 50's today and I couldn't let an evening in the 50's in January pass without going out and grilling something. The recipe was from the Big Green Egg cookbook. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

The marinade used coconut milk, cilantro, minced jalapeño peppers, ground cinnamon & lime juice.

The boneless skinless chicken breasts go in the marinade and everything goes into the fridge for 2 hours.

The salsa used fresh mango, red,yellow & orange bell peppers, lime juice, onion, tomatoes, minced jalapeño peppers, honey, kosher salt & chili powder.

The ingredients for the salsa are all prepped & ready to mix.

The salsa ingredients are in a bowl & are ready to mix.

The finished salsa was extremely colorful. It turned out to be as tasty as it was colorful. The bowl gets covered with plastic wrap and is refrigerated until time to serve.

It's been 2 hours and the chicken is out of the fridge & out of the marinade. The BGE has been stabilized at 350 degrees & it is time to get cooking.

The chicken is on the Egg. The breasts were thick enough I could use my Maverick ET-732 remote read thermometer to keep track of the food temps.

The chicken is midway through it's 24 minute cook & has just been flipped.

The chicken was served with some chicken fried rice.

The salsa was the highlight of the meal. The chicken was great, but the salsa was outstanding.

This was a great meal. The salsa was about the best salsa I've ever had. The chicken stayed quite moist and you could definitely pick up the flavor of the marinade in the chicken, the coconut milk in particular. This was an easy and fun cook and it was so warm I was grilling without my jacket in January. It doesn't get a whole lot better than this.

Jim
BBQ Website: grillin' & smokin'

Middlesex County, MA
Two Large BGE's & Too Many Eggcessories to Count

Comments