Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try with salt block

Options
Okay, I bought one of these for myself for Christmas and last Saturday was my first chance to try it. Did the Bobby Flay Cuban Pork Chops with baby Swiss wrapped around a dill slicer inserted into a pocket in the chop.
Warmed the block up slowly and when I put the chops on at 400 dome you should have heard the sizzle! Sounded like I had them in a CI Skillet. they cooked faster than I thought, were a little dryer than straight on the grates and had a slight and not overpowering salt flavor.
Clean-up was a rinse in warm water, pat dry with paper towels and back in storage!  Trying a steak this weekend!

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    They are fun to cook with.  I have found after having one for a few years that I use limited water, just scrub the goo off. dry, place in the house so the humidity here in Florida does not eat the block and the next cook, the top is then the bottom.  This keeps it nice and clean.