Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My new BGE table nest

I recieved a BGE for Christmas from my kids(I would noit trade them, now!!!)  I read this forum a few days to get input for my nest. I made it out of antigue reclaimed cryress from a house that was built in the 1800's. The egg rest shelf comes out pass the bottom draw to help in keeping the ashes out. I finished with 3 coats of marine varnish.

IMG_0098.JPG 291.7K
IMG_0097.JPG 288.4K
·

Comments

• SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 410
    Beautiful!  I seriously need to consider re-doing mine with cypress.  Everyone else's table is awesome. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Beautiful table...make sure you put the BGE on a paver stone with something (little green feet, egg stand) between the paver stone & the BGE to prevent scorching/burning of your table....enjoy your cooks & post pics here.
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Wow - Very Nice - Want to make me one?

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Thanks guys, I have the granite cutout if needed but i though if you have the nest nothing was needed It was fun planning and making the table. Lucky I have enough old cypress and the tools to build it. The sides are tounge in groove cypress I made from ceiling boards..
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,417
    Really nice...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,651
    Nice work
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    You did all that since Christmas?!?!?

Congrats!  I am humbled (and embarrassed!)  
    :-S

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Yes  I Strated around the 29th of Dec.  I had to cut and plane most of the wood from old rough 2 x 4s and mill it Find the granite and have it installed after I finished the table.  I do a lot of wood working as a hobby .
    ·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    Very nice. Wish I would of made my whole top granite instead of just an inlay.

Beautiful work.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·