Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Transporting wings

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Planning on doing some wings tomorrow for the Seahawks game will need to travel with them for about 30 minutes, what would be the best way to keep them?
Lynnwood WA

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 7,617
    Never travelled with wings but given the extensive take-out wing business I'm sure that all you need to do is find a container to keep them warm (not foil) wrap that in a few towels  and then drop into a cooler for the trip.  I would not use the foil as I think that would turn the skin quite soft-just a opinion and we all know what those are worth.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Thx guys
    Lynnwood WA
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    I bring them cold, then drop them on a hot grill before serving. Hope you were a Seahawk fan!
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Sure am. Upgraded to pork butt for this weekend!
    Lynnwood WA