Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Staub 5 qt Oval

Tonight my wife got me a Staub Enameled 5 qt Oval Cast Iron roasting pot.  Just what I have been looking for and of course she got it on sale to boot. What a great gal.  Now to figure out the first cook...
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Comments

• paqmanpaqman Posts: 1,145
    edited January 2013
    http://www.creativecookware.com

This place has the best prices I could find (in Canada) for good quality CI cookware.  Have you seen the Staub's replacement animal theme knobs?

I would not use nice enameled CI in the egg...  I use cheaper Lodge CI in the egg.

Item onTV today about the Staub 5 Qt. Seems to be a problem with the inside material. Please mail it to me for an inspection as I do not want you to have to experince this CI. No problem, happy to do it for you :-c
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,692
    I wouldn't have a problem putting enameled CI in the egg.  The coating, vitreous enamel, is fused powdered glass.  As long as you don't do anything crazy like put it in the coals and crank it up to 1200 F, your only problem will be making it look nice after it's coated with grease and soot.

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Zero issues using my Le Creuset pieces on egg. All grease and soot easily comes right off after a few minute soak in Oxyclean.