Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Bought the wrong ham, need cooking suggestions

We wanted to cook a particular recipe for New Year. It calls for a ready-to-cook ham and specifies NOT a fully cooked one. We looked at hams in the store until we were blue in the face, and still managed to come home with a fully cooked ham. We went ahead and injected it and rubbed it as instructed, but I want to ask how I should modify the cooking instructions.

The recipe calls to cook it at 300 for about 20 mins per pound. Since our ham is already fully cooked, I assume I can cook it less than that, but the question is, how much less? Do I just cook it until it looks nice and go ahead and pull it off, knowing it is already fully cooked?

Tim

Comments