Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Kofta and Homemade flatbread

My wife and I love various ethnic foods, so last night I decided to do some Kofta Sandwiches on homemade flatbread.  This was the first time I have made any kind of bread.  I wanted something kinda like a gordita bread, so I found a recipe on King Arthur Flour's website.  They turned out just like I wanted.  I did not cook them on the egg, although I may try it sometime.  

Dough Rising 

Finished Breads

Next on to the Kofta.  For those who don't know, Kofta is a Middle Eastern dish made with ground lamb, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cayenne, garlic, allspice, ground coriander, and parsley.  I'm sure there are other versions, but this is the best I've found.  Kofta can either be prepared as meatballs, or as kebabs.  I chose to do the kebabs on the egg, then cut them up for sandwiches on the flatbread.  Topped them with some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and tatziki sauce.  Everything came out delicious. and the best part was the wife loved them.  

Comments