Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Cook - Chicken Wings

bmac55bmac55 Posts: 20
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I decided to keep it simple on the maiden voyage and try some wings. Used a commercial spicy chicken rub on some, lemon pepper some and a spicy teriyaki sauce on the remainder. I thought they were very tasty, but more importantly, my 15 year old daughter said they were the best wings she has eaten. So, either they were pretty good or my previous efforts were nothing special. :-)
·

Comments

• No everything is better from the egg ! Congratulations !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • SigPSigP Posts: 25
    My first cook - not that long ago - was also chicken wings. You can expect that everything you cook on the egg will be the best you have ever eaten.

·
  • Nice. Wings have always been my favorite on the egg. Try em low n slow too. Indirect, platesetter, dome temp 300-350 for 1.5-2 hours. Be sure to turn. Use your favorite rub or marinade. Keep an eye on the more sugary sauces and rubs will burn faster.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·