Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Auber Temp Control

Anybody have one? Right now mine's reading grate temp about 100F higher than what the BGE temp gauge is reading ( 320F vs. 220F). I calibrated it to ice water, had to bias it -7F. Then it reads about 2F warmer at ambient than yard thermometer (88F vs. 86F).

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Getting it dialed in. The BGE dome sensor is reading 50 F lower at the dome hole than at the daisy wheel. Controller checks out with thermapen. Got four butts on, so that may have some influence.
    image.jpg 2.1M
  • fairchasefairchase Posts: 242
    edited December 2012
    I have 1 and I really like it for over nighters.  It does over shoot the target temperature by about 20 deg. initally , but then it will hold + or - 2 degrees.

I checked mine in boiling water and it was spot on. I wasn't interested in 32 degrees.

I go with the temperature reading of my Auber at grate level. Forget the mickey mouse dome thermometer.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Controller matched thermapen in hot water (180F). Moved BGE temp probe to daisy wheel and moved controller T/C to tie wrap on pork butts and both reading same now. Set up seems to be working ok as long as I don't open the dome.