Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Good Deals for Christmas

I recently got a Norpro Santoku knife and it is only ok.  I sharpen it with the AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener once or twice a week, hand wash and immediately dry.  It even had trouble with tomatoes just after 1.5 months.  Maybe I am not sharpening hard enough.

Anyways, looking at Christmas gifts this year that are not too expensive.  I have the cheapest set of serrated Ginsu knives ($30) and about ready to upgrade.  Does anybody have experience with the set below?  Review seem to be very good.  Already have some bamboo cutting boards.  Might convert a drawer into a fancy knife storage area.

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Professional-14-Piece-Knife/dp/B000A13OFM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2JRE18TS2CMNS&coliid=I2PMNKWDUUKO5H

Please post deals you find so we can all benefit.

Comments