Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Group cook help!

Well I've really done it this time.  I volunteered to cook the meat for a church Christmas party thinking I'd have about 10-15 people to feed and now I've got about 35 RSVP'd.  I was originally going to do the crown roast out of the holiday guide but with this many people I don't think that's a practical option.  So now I'm looking for another plan of attack.  I'm trying to do something a little more holiday themed so I'd like to stay away from the butt or brisket.  I have access to my large BGE and a Traeger pellet smoker.  What do you guys think?
·

Comments

• How about maple bourbon glazed ham? I've seen that recipe floating around here recently and it looks gooooood!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Small steamship round?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 394
    You could still do a crown for presentation but make a few pork tenderloins to actually slice and serve.  You could stuff the crown, but also have that going in casserole dishes.  So have a fun, festive, show stopping holiday platter, and serve all of the components de-constructed.  Another Idea could be to go with individually portioned and individual small cedar planks for cedar plank salmon and still do a pork or beef tenderloin as well.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,518
    I would get a couple of the large pork loins from Costco. They feed a lot of people and I think they cost less than $2/pound. Very tasty.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Pork loins are a great idea, you can stuff them too, tends to impress the holiday crowd.

·