We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication
. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp
, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken
, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs
or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops
. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies
. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
Bloody Mary Recipe (pic heavy)
What is grilling without an appropriate drink in hand? I have two recipes that never fail, and one is my Louisiana Blood Mary (Guacamole is the other). Here is my Blood Mary recipe with photos as I prepared while cooking last weekend (if any are out of focus...well, they were good and this wasn't the first of the morning).
Tomato Juice (plain)
Jalapeno Stuffed Olives
All measurements are in relation to the standard glass size I use...see first photo.
- Add enough Season Salt to cover bottom of glass
- Add equal amount of Celery Salt
- Add 3 splashes of Tabasco
- Add 3 - 4 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Add juice from one-half of a large, juicy lime. If a smaller lime, use entire lime.
- Add pulp from the lime by pressing against side of glass. Scrap down into glass.
- Add 2.5 oz. vodka. Don't go too crazy...you'll be drinking several.
- Add ice to 3/4 full level of glass.
- Add tomato juice to fill glass.
- Shake in shaker (but do not strain) or pour between glasses to mix.
- Garnish with two Jalapeno stuffed olives and one pickled okra.
LBGE & SBGE. Central Texas.