It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
RAC said:Chicken Fried !
Chicken Fried !
I had one by myself earlier this spring and I think it was the best piece of meat I've ever eaten. Not that I cooked, it but that it was really that good.
I coated the strap with a good olive oil, then salt and pepper. Then I rolled it in panko garlic and herb. First I seared the backstrap at 600 for about 3 minutes per side. Cooled down the egg to about 400 and then placed the backstrap in a CI with olive oil and garlic in it. Sauteed the meat and the panko got a nice crust on it.
When I served it I drizzled the left over oil and garlic onto the meat and it was amazing!
Here is how I prep my straps
1) Remove the silver layer from the meat.
2) Cover with Italian dressing and brown vinegar.
3) Dust with cayanne and sea salt.
4) Refrifgerate for at least 24hrs.
5) Grill to medium rare and serve hot. (never place in a warmer or it will get tuff)
1A) Sometimes I wrap with richards bacon, philly cream cheese, and jalapenos.....mostly when my wife is hungry for it I prefer just the venison