Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston baked beans

exspoexspo Posts: 51
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I used Emeril's recipe but tweaked it as we are all prone to do.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/emerils-slow-cooked-bam-b-q-baked-beans-recipe/index.html

I skipped the coffee and added cocoa. Used regular sugar, extra molasses, and added chili paste for heat instead of hot sauce.

Cooked for 4 hours total- turned out delicious and stupid easy.
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,055
    So cool. I have never made scratch beans that worked.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,777
    So cool. I have never made scratch beans that worked.
    Perhaps you scratch them in the wrong place.
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 912
    Nothing better than a batch of baked beans getting a little smoke from the grill. Nicely done! Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,025
    Good looking bean cooker (and beans).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 554
    I use a combination of navy, pinto and butter beans and no matter how I prepare the seasonings - people always enjoy that variety of beans. 
    ·