Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

My unfinished "Green" BGE table...

ParallelParallel Posts: 404
edited September 2012 in EGG Table Forum
... made from an old teak patio table that we were going to throw away and some left over cedar boards we had laying around. All I had to do was buy some hardware, casters, a few 2x4s and the paint and spar varnish to finish it. It's pretty much ready for a final sanding and then I'll be painting the base (legs and braces) with black enamel paint and finishing the top and shelf boards with spar varnish. The shelf boards haven't been attached yet as I want to paint the braces and coat the underneath of the shelf boards with varnish first. It'll do until I can get around to building an outdoor kitchen with a concrete counter top special made for the egg.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
·

Comments

• Very nice!

1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,847
    Great table...nice thinking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MrDaveMrDave Posts: 13
    Really nice. Like it better than any other I have seen. What size egg is it for? Don't forget to share pictures with it finished , egg installed (And of course some hunks of meat for dressing)
    Dave
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,847
    I like the bottom shelf. Great fire the place setter and extra grid nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    very nice - teak - it don't get any better than that!

·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,661
    Great Idea!!
    ·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 404
    Thanks y'all. It's for my new LBGE, I'm chomping at the bit to get cooking, but my schedule has been so hectic this week I've not had any time to finish it up so I can. I'll post pics when the table is done and then some more as I cook the first time (I still haven't decided what I'm going to try first).

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 404
    I figured I'd post this picture here as well and will post another when the spar varnish is applied.

BigGreenEggTablepre-finishreadyfor1stcook.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 235K

·