Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Detroit style pizza

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,048
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone successfully recreated the crust from a Detroit Style pizza, like Jet's?  It's a deep dish, rectangular, Sicilian type, but the crust is fried and crispy. Cheese all the way to the edge causes a crispy burnt edge all the way around, without the usual lip of dough around the pie.  Every bite is crispy, yet light and airy on top. I've found some recipes for Buddy's, another Detroit pizza that is similar, but not sure if any of them are any good.  Here's a vid showing what Jet's is like    

The crispy corners are so popular they actually sell an 8 corner pizza. I'm pretty sure it's baked in blue steel pans, which I have. 

Comments