Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Turkey Breast

gte1gte1 Posts: 376
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Planing to do turkey breasts tonight. No not these: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143086/how-many-of-these-will-fit-on-a-lbge#latest got some from the store. Any suggestions, temp, direct, indirect, etc.
George
·

Comments

• nemonemo Posts: 105
    Smoked one a week ago. Did it like spatchcock chicken....used TxBBQ rub, set dome temp at 375*, smoked indirect (normally do direct for spatch chicken) till internal temp of 160*, pulled and covered with foil for 15 min. Was great...also had turkey sandwiches for a week.
    Fairview, Texas
    ·
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    About how long did they take to get to temp? Much over an hour?
    George
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    Did one spatchcock style (6#'s) around 10 days ago-direct, raised grid at around 375+/- for about 70 mins to 160 or so in the breast-good eats!
    Louisville
    ·
    Did indirect 375-400 with a little cherry wood, came out great!
    George
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Try pecan wood smoke for turkey. Great flavor and excellent dark brown color to the skin.
    One of the woods I haven't tried yet. I will have to get some
    George
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    I start with a direct raised grid set-up, then about half way through switch to indirect.   Use cherry wood, adds a nice redish color.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·