Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Commissary meat prices!

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife is able to shop at the Navy commissary for groceries...we really hadn't been going that much (at all since getting my egg) but went today. HO-LY they have some great prices, and quality meat. Got a 9lb pork butt for $1.22/lb! Everything was priced this well, and all looked fantastic. Where have I been?! Lucky wife has access.
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    Where do you live, Mole?

·
  • Maybe I should enlist?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    Where do you live, Mole?

Virginia Beach
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 252
    great prices for great people that have served / currently serving our great country.  Nice payback for them....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Choice briskets are $2.00 per lb.

Meat is the ONLY thing I buy from the commissary or the exchange.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,960
    I took a tour of one as part of my first base orientation; they cant make a profit, so they have mych lower costs. Mine would special order stuff and if ut sold rregularly theyd stock it.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    For me the commissary is about 90min drive. Have not yet made the trip, is it worth it? I used to go to the local one when we lived in Indy.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·