Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Guru

lecramslecrams Posts: 106
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am about to pull the trigger and was curious if anyone had any places to get a deal on one? I am excited to add this to the BGE arsenal!
·

Comments

• pull trigger on what? I got a better deal on another website for my cyber q
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    Sorry, about to pull the trigger on buying a bbq guru. Do you mind saying where you got the cyber q? Are you glad you bought it over the guru?
    ·
  • Sorry, I meant on which device? I got my set up w/10cm fan for total of $374.85 incl shipping. I have used it once and the fan worked great. I am unable to connect to my computer for some reason. It does not recognize the address they say to connect to. I am really not much into the tech thing, so hopefully they will help me get it done. I have seen others on here having the same prob tho. I may have to send mine back in as I read here recently that was what they had to do as well. I'm beginning to wonder if it is really worth almost $400 clams. I think it is overpriced...prob won't think that on low/slow of more than 3 hrs tho!
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • Whoops! @ firecraft.com
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • I got this for the multi food probe and fan primarily...so it fits that need for now.
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001

The best price I've seen for the digiq dxII with a 10 CFM pit viper fan and green egg adaptor was $279 with free shipping.  If you go with a 4 CFM fan it is cheaper but may not be big enough depending on which egg you have.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • mine is cyper q wifi
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 106
    Thanks all!
    ·
  • OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
    I love my cyberq wifi and don't regret the purchase at all. I do have it set up in infrastructure mode so I can monitor temps from my office.
    ·