Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

deal or no deal

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• You would spend near that in supplies just to make it. So if you have an XL sand it down and stain it. Of course use the rug by your front door and put a nice paver stone under the egg so the wood does'nt start on fire.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,540
    my two cents ... the legs look skinny (out of proportion) for my liking.  the rug also looks kind of clean?  I'd like to see a picture of the shelf without the rug ...
    canuckland
    ·
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 210
    It is a deal.

Living Large and XL

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Meh.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,781
    decent deal

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    The cedar doesn't have any visible knots, looks like most of the fasteners are hidden (which might mean staples, but you can drive in screws).  Try hmmmin and hawwin about the finish and lack of a bottle opener and beat 'em down fifty bucks.  Hit with a belt sander or DA, slap on some kinda finish, and you gotta nice table.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    ...and don't forget the bolt-on bling like bottle opener, some hooks, towel rack, curb-feelers, etc.

·
  • tgklemantgkleman Posts: 202
    Do it.  You can always replace a board or two if you need to as well. 
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    it's craigslist, offer a $100, pay somewhere between that and the actual price, and you'll be good.
    ·