Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggin in the rain

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
While some of you may have seen my paint can approach to egging in the rain. 

As I am in Florida and it seems to always rain here. But the one thing I didn't like about it was that it built up to much condensation. So I was in Lowes the other day and thought hey what about a rain cap. So I picked up the 6 inch model and it fit perfectly. ( it will fit the Med and Large Egg.) 

You can even adjust the DW without removing it like I had to before. Well as this year appears to be a rainy one for some, I hope this helps some of you all Keep on eggin ... rain or shine. 

Comments

• mjrodneymjrodney Posts: 12

As I sit here this evening, I'm watching a storm roll through, and seeing abundant rain through the window.

I commented to my bride that I am glad not to be egging tonite.

But if'n I was.........hmmmm......

Good idea. I will purchase two of these tomorrow.

One for the Egg.

One for my head.

• Ranger908Ranger908 Posts: 44
    I understand.  Right now the wind in blowing in the front door and the back door at the same time.  There is a big purple spot on the radar headed this way.  Hope that means it's clearing up.  Lowe's tomorrow butt in the fridge.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,523
    Rain sounds wonderful right now in these parts.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • i want some rain !!!
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Yes please send the rain here to the Midwest!
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    in western nc - we need the rain more than a cap :) - thanks for the idea

mr toad
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    exactly how I do it, works like a charm even in heavy downpours
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    This is how I egg in the rain!image
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,004

+ 1 for tents!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI