Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Need more smoke....

leechrgleechrg Posts: 27
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Put a butt on this morning and loaded my large egg up with chunks of pecan wood towards the bottom and put a layer of chips on top. I get heavy smoke for maybe 30 mins then nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 358
    Nothing. Just because you don't see big heavy white smoke doesn't mean you're not smoking. The wood chunks will smolder in the egg, but not catch fire like in an offset. So as long as you have the aroma of the wood, you'll end up with a nice product.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 8,217
    edited July 2012
    +1 with boilermaker-and I happen to be partial to chips (no scientific reason-just have a butt load in inventory).  Put them throughout the lump load-where there is fire there is smoke.  I unscientifically equate a good handful of chips to a chunk-but chips have more surface area-just to change it up:)
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
  • leechrgleechrg Posts: 27
    Gotcha. Thanks