Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

We've not really made many desserts on the BGE. Mrs. G doesn't have a sweet tooth and I shouldn't make a cake or pie for myself. Ever since I saw this recipe for pineapple upside down cake (courtesy of Colleen, Lake Conroe Egger's wife), I knew I had to make it. Mrs. G had to go to work yesterday and with no plans for me, I decided to try it out. Cooked it indirect at 350 for one hour.

Making the bottom of the cake (that turns into the top later)image

On to the Egg

Done after an hour

Finished

Sliced up

Man that was a good slice of cake!! Didn't have a smokey flavor at all. It was moist and that top layer was to die for. I'm going to have to take some over to my parents tonight at this is my Dad's favorite cake and I can't have it laying around or I'll eat it all.

[url=http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/cast-iron-skillet-pineapple-upside-down-cake/]Cast Iron Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe[/url]

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments