Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New EGG and all Cherry table.

onelikearockonelikearock Posts: 115
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
New to this forum and my first BGE. I used all solid cherry I had laying around.
Chesapeake, VA
·

Comments

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    welcome. Nice build.
    Just had cherry lying around? Convenient.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Great looking table quick question. The cover what size is it and where did you get it? Is it a BGE Cover?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • onelikearockonelikearock Posts: 115
    Great looking table quick question. The cover what size is it and where did you get it? Is it a BGE Cover?
    It is a BGE cover 

BGE-V5TC
    Price:
    $72.55
              from www.daniellefence.com

I used the plans from http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm     ; Fits great!
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
    welcome. Nice build.
    Just had cherry lying around? Convenient.
    I use to do a lot of wood working as a hobby and only used rough sawn hard wood. It has been over 10 years since my last project, Shaker furniture, and had the wood was just there.
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 873
    So did you make the cover or buy it? Looking for one for my "soon to be" table as well.
    ·
    So did you make the cover or buy it? Looking for one for my "soon to be" table as well.
    r
    Look at the second post there is where. I purchased the. Cover

Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 873
    Nice, thanks. What is the quality like? Does BGE actually make it?
    ·
    Looks to be better than the last ones they had so I'm told. Good cross ventilation
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Great job, very nice looking table!!
    ·
  • RocEGGRocEGG Posts: 85
    yeah thats a nice table, I like the cherry, looks great!
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
    ·
  • Echoing everyone else, very nicely done table. What type of finish did you use?
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
    ·
  • fish8503fish8503 Posts: 29
    nice looking table
    ·
    Echoing everyone else, very nicely done table. What type of finish did you use?
    Helmsman Spar Urethane, by Minwax
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • Great choice of finish.
    Years ago at the shop I was working for we did a pair of 7ft tall solid cherry built-in bookcases for a customer who couldn't decide on a finish. Ultimately they choose to have them painted white. I couldn't watch them being sprayed. ;)
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
    ·
    Great choice of finish.
    Years ago at the shop I was working for we did a pair of 7ft tall solid cherry built-in bookcases for a customer who couldn't decide on a finish. Ultimately they choose to have them painted white. I couldn't watch them being sprayed. ;)
    Might as well have built them out of pine.......
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·