Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is this covered under BGE warranty

EGGARIFICEGGARIFIC Posts: 21
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just noticed that my egg was starting to chip.  Didnt know if anyone could help me out on the warranty part for BGE.  Thanks in advance
·

Comments

• CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 486
    Yes, I would say it is. My dealer would cover it.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,565
    I'd imagine so but they may just send you some paint. Hopefully someone has some experience with this so you can see how the mothership handled it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,825
    if its one spot theres a chance it got hit with something and might not be covered, my small was covered but the whole side of it started to delaminate
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I had the same thing happen on my large. It was covered. Take several pictures and send it to Bruce at the Mothership.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • EGGARIFICEGGARIFIC Posts: 21
    thanks
    ·
  • Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83

Eggarific,

I had the same thing happen on my dome.  Sent pics and an explanation to Bruce at BGE and they covered it no problem.

Good luck!

Ice

·

do you by chance have an email address for him or should i just use the one that is on the site

thanks

·
  • Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83
    I used the one on the site and then followed up with a phone call the next day.  He had to pour through quite a few emails but was able to find mine.
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 433
    Phone call did the trick for me when getting a new gasket.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·

thanks

·