Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin over Veggies?

skiwee393skiwee393 Posts: 1
edited May 2012 in Pork
Going to make a coffee rubbed pork tenderloin with peach BBQ sauce tonight. Was thinking about cooking it on a raised grid with some asparagus and sweet potato in a wok on the lower grid to roast while the tenderloin cooks. Any thoughts on this? I think the veggies will have to go in 15 mins. or so before the tenderloin.
·

Comments

• TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Pork tenderloins are my favorite item to egg. I marinate mine in teriyaki. Pork tenderloins are simply fantastic no matter what you do with them.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I can't help you with the veggies, but the tenderloin will be great regardless.  I agree with TarHeel.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Probably too.late, but I'm thinking that the sweet potatoes would take longer to cook than the asparagus. I would separate the two so you don't and up with burnt asparagus tips, and raw potatoes.
    How did it go?
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • hartofatigerhartofatiger Posts: 196
    Pork tenderloins are my favorite item to egg. I marinate mine in teriyaki. Pork tenderloins are simply fantastic no matter what you do with them.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ

+1

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

·
  • fishtalefishtale Posts: 2
    What temp and how long do you do your pork tenderloin? 
    Thanks!
    Fishtale
    ·