Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your storage device?

Options
ToddB
ToddB Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The "Something Very Strange Here" thread below got me thinking - what do BGErs (Big Green Eggers) use to store all their utensils and accessories?[p]I've been trying to think of an "ideal" way (aren't we all?!?!) to store my items - then build it out of wood (so its presentable) with, perhaps, a plastic liner for waterproofing and to keep bugs out. [p]I like the bench idea because of the multi-function use... and I'd like to have my accessories store vertically in "slots". But will it fit the Eggcetera (18" tall - it might make the seat rather high)? [p]I guess if I make the bench wide enough I would be able to fit my Coleman cooler, hence, having my favourite microbrewed beers always handy. ;)[p]What have others done? What would you do differently if you could build it over again?[p]PICTURES PLEASE! :)

Comments

• Frank King
    Frank King Posts: 10
    Options
    ToddB,[p]LOL, right now I am using my old gas grill for storage. I am planning on removing the grill, repainting and staining the shelfs and adding a removable cutting board where the grill was. It has a side burner which I want to keep so I am reusing the thing as a work area instead of trashing it. Once I do that I guess I'll go with a plastic box for storage

• Unknown
    Options
    Frank King ,[p]My wife bought a metal table (w/wheels and shelves) from Sam's. Works great so far.[p]I hope we can see the AJC article / pic you mentioned below on the AJC web page or somebody posts it here.[p]Best,[p]CTB

• Fire in the Hole
    Options
    I also use my old gasser as egg tool storage. Too lazy to roll it to the curb. Not to mention that I am a little embarassed to still own the thing. What will the neighbors think?[p];)

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    ToddB,
    This is what I use...It's made by Rubbermaid.
    Larry

[ul][li]Egg Supplies[/ul]