Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home-Grown Temp Controller (pics)

Options
2»

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Nice! That is a great start.
    When you talked about the P from P/I/D what does that stand for?

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • pezking7p
    pezking7p Posts: 132
    Options
    Nice! That is a great start.
    When you talked about the P from P/I/D what does that stand for?

Thanks guys. 

P stands for Proportional.  Meaning the correction to the fan duty cycle is proportional to how far away you are from the set point. 
  • tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Options
    Since you are going to all the trouble, how about capability for running a second pit.  I like the ability to monitor the pit, as well as two other temp probes.  I did two butts from costco, that were slightly different weights.  It was nice to have a probe in each one to monitor temperature during the cook.  Just a thought.

I am impressed with your electronics talent.  Nice job.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I'm beginning to feel like I am not intelligent enough to be reading the posts on this forum. I think most of this is in English but I wouldn't swear to it.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Huh? That is my understanding level on this thread. Very cool idea, but seems like a lot of trouble.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • pezking7p
    Options
    Since you are going to all the trouble, how about capability for running a second pit.  I like the ability to monitor the pit, as well as two other temp probes.  I did two butts from costco, that were slightly different weights.  It was nice to have a probe in each one to monitor temperature during the cook.  Just a thought.

I am impressed with your electronics talent.  Nice job.
    Definitely going to add a meat temp probe for 2 meats.  Since I don't have a second bbq, I'll leave that out for now but it would be very easy to add. 
  • pezking7p
    Options
    Huh? That is my understanding level on this thread. Very cool idea, but seems like a lot of trouble.
    It's been a lot of work, but I did it to save money and learn something. 

Next up: automatic cat feeder.  :)