Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lights

Options
Newie
Newie Posts: 7
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Looking for some lights that I can mount on a table and will allow for flexible lighting ... something like Wile E Coyote on the Naked Whiz's galary site ( http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm?P122 ).  I know there are several other's that are equally excellant.  Anybody have a good source to find this type of lighting?

Plan is to have a couple of these hooked up to switches on the front of the table right next to the rehostat that controls the fan speed of a fire starter helper that will be moved in front of the bottom screen.  The egg comunitee is so creative :-)

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My wife picked up one for me that looks pretty similar to that one. It has a flexible neck and runs on batteries. I think she got it at Walmart or Kohl's...something like that. I'll try to get the brand that I have for you...but it wasn't expensive.

EDIT: I found a picture of the one I have.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    So ya think Wile E is a Notre Dame fan?

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Newie
    Newie Posts: 7
    Options

Golden Domer reference ... chuckles.  Wsn't making a coment on any of the fine tables in the galary:-)

The little direct light looks to be a nice option in that it can be 120 volt and hard mounted.  Was hoping not to spend over 150 for two but that may be the requirement.  Wonder how it would do when exposed to the outdoor elements?

Love the batery operated option Eggbertsdad but I am hoping to make this a hard wired and more perminant solution - that one is very cool and your wife should be comended for finding it!