Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Spach chicken help!!

Ashford85Ashford85 Posts: 5
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wondering what exactly it is, I see a lot of post about it do could u explain to me how to do it like a good recipe?
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    edited March 2012
    I do this: guessing you are talking chicken. Cut out the backbone by cutting down both sides and open up. If I have time I leave uncovered overnight in the fridge. If not, no worry. I never oil. I like Butt Rub or coffee rub. Cook direct at 375/400 high in dome. Never turn over, cook skin side up. This will work with chicken, Cornish Game Hen, or turkey.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • This is Spatchcock chicken
    photo.JPG
    1224 x 1632 - 454K
    photo (2).JPG
    1224 x 1632 - 388K
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • What do you mean cook high in dome? Like our it on a platesetter?
    ·
  • This is a 22 1/2 Weber grill raised with 3 bricks .This puts at the felt ine.With these bricks and grate,I have 2 differant heights
    raised grill.jpg
    113 x 150 - 4K
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204

Here's a Cornish Hen.image

Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,013
    I always cook skin side down for 15 min. Then flip for remainder of cook. The skin gets nice & crispy! I've never cooked it at the felt line. It has always been cooked direct at standard level. It is delicious this way!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    edited March 2012
    12 different ways to do anything on an Egg and 11 are always right (that other one works out fine). I go above felt line, direct, skin up and never turn over. I am just lazy.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
    12 different ways to do anything on an Egg and 11 are always right (that other one works out fine). I go above felt line, direct, skin up and never turn over. I am just lazy.
    +1 for same method.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Ashford85, here you go:  Spatchcock Chicken
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    Whiz you are an eternal wealth of knowledge! Appreciate it!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·