Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love Peppers

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Peppers before, during, and after.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Those look fantastic, Doc !!!! Good show !!

I'm guessing that there is cream cheese in the Bananas and white and yellow cheese in the japs. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    You are right.  Cream cheese with salmon in the Cubanelles and Jack/Cheddar/Pepperoni in the chillies and jalapenos.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited February 2012
    Options

Doc,

Did you leave the seeds in the bananas? I did when I made them

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    A few seed were in all of them, but I cleaned out most.

• Porkrind
    Options
    Doc - I made some of those Cubanelles with mexican cheese and pepperoni after I saw your pictures. Thanks for the idea! They were great!

Chris
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    We were disappointed in the cream cheese and salmon.  Next try is jack and chorizo.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Next try is jack and chorizo.
    NOW, you're talkin' Tex Mex.  Go for it, Cowboy !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Options
    Looks great!  What temp & duration for that cook?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I tried cutting the peppers lengthwise, stuffing and wrapping with bacon.  IMO cutting the stem end, stuffing and then capping with pepperoni works better.  Lock the cap in place with a  toothpick.

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I thought by the title this was some crazy new sexual devise or something... about cooking, weak.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Doc - I made some of those Cubanelles with mexican cheese and pepperoni after I saw your pictures. Thanks for the idea! They were great!

Chris
    These?  This was a better approach, but use a toothpick to lock the cap in.

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Doc, those look fantastic.  Really like the use of the cubanelles not everybody like a lot of heat.   How long was the cook and at what temp?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited February 2012
    Options
    350 to 400, indirect heat, check at 20 minutes but probably takes 30.  "Mexican Cheese" from Publix.  Pepperoni stuffed and used for caps.  Use toothpics to lock the caps in.

• travisstrick
    Options
    My dad is coming to visit in 2 weeks. You just gave me a great idea for something to cook when he is here. He will be at the Salado Eggfest with me. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Travis,

The jalapenos have a good bite, and both the chillies and cubanellos do sometimes.  Use regular cheese and pepperoni.  Once you core the peppers you can stuff some sausage into the large ones, and at the top use to discs to make a funnel that you stuff with cheese.  Using toothpic to lock the top really helps.

• Porkrind
    Options

These?  This was a better approach, but use a toothpick to lock the cap in.
    Those are the ones. Yeah, the toothpick lock is a good idea. I just wedged the pepperoni slice in as best as I could. It did okay on two, but came out on the third.

Chris
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    My dad is coming to visit in 2 weeks. You just gave me a great idea for something to cook when he is here. He will be at the Salado Eggfest with me. 
    Oysters in bacon wrapped chiles?  That may have some kind of potential there.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2012
    Options

Doc I like goat cheese mixed with cream cheese and candied jalapeño chopped. Makes a real good stuffing for the ABT's wrapped in bacon. And poblanos with a good Mexican cheese.

imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mikey5874
    Options
    I gotta do some peppers. Great pics.