Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

About to be an Egg owner

War_Eagle_2244War_Eagle_2244 Posts: 85
edited February 2012 in Root

I will be picking up my LBGE next Friday and can't wait!!!
 I'm going to purchase the nest, plate setter,
ash tool, and cast iron cooking grate along with the Egg. I'm debating on
whether or not to get the side tables. They seem kind of flimsy from the displays
I've looked at in the store (could be completely wrong).  Would y’all recommend getting them?  Are there any other “must have” Eggccessories?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyway, looking forward to posting some pics and getting
started!

·

Comments

• I agree with the above^
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • +1
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161

Plate setter and the adjustable rig both have their place. Get the plate
    setter with the egg and as soon as funds are available order the
    adjustable rig. I have both and use them regularly. You may want to
    look into a Thermapen. It is hands down the best thermometer to use
    when cooking to internal temperature, which is the preferred way to
    cook on the egg.

·
  • Don't get a plate setter and the adjustable rig with a stone or two...totally redundant. Listen to the above advice and skip the plate setter and go with the AR...much more versatile.
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    Just buy a couple eggs from the start with every eggcessory you can get your hands on.  Trust me, it will save you a lot of time and return trips!!  You will be back if you don't!

Mike
    :D ;) :D :D

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • So.....the mini is house-trained and can spend time indoors? Doesn't seem fair!
    ·
    edited February 2012
    He's out there with the rest of the family now.  Just haven't taken a family photo due to that pesky snow and north wind.

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Glad to hear they're all happy together now.
    ·
    With the recent purchase of the mini I'm done.  I'm out of room and my dear wife is losing patients with my addiction.  Don't get me wrong, she loves the end product, but she's getting tired of dodging them on the way to the hot tub! :D

Mike

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Congrats on the egg! You're going to love it.

And WAR EAGLE from Bham!
    ·
  • mimaulermimauler Posts: 122
    The side tables will work fine I have no problems with mine on an XL.  If you are getting the nest then you need the handle to help roll it around.  I have the platesetter and also an adjustable rig with a 17 stone.  I would recommend the platesetter to start with.
    ·