Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GFS Lump

Options
Janssen14
Janssen14 Posts: 50
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever use GFS lump?

Comments

• stevesails
    Options

yes,   I was told it is Royal Oak. available all year round. I prefer the Royal oak from walmart, a 10 pund bag instead of 20 pound. not a strength problem,  there was something about the GFS i didn't like compared to the Walmart.  go figure, who knows.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• losttree
    Options
    I'm halfway through my second bag.  I've been happy so far, it burns fine, doesn't have an unpleasant smell.  It seems to burn much like RO, which I've also heard is who makes it.  There were some pretty big chunks in there and my bags haven't been as crunched up as my most recent 2 bags of RO from Wal-Mart.
    Adam
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    I have used about 100 lbs of gfs and I like it. Have been using wicked good but have to drive an hour each way to get it. When I run out, I pull out the gfs and use it because I can get it locally. Have two bags of the gfs in the garage right now. And it is made by RO.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE