Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats the deal stoker?

mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
firmware was supposed to be realeased in Jan, its now february and no news? I heard rumors of a press release yesterday, did it happen? Surely this company would not have choosen to ignore the second date they set and not tell customers? I was so close to throwing down on one 2 weeks ago.

Comments

  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited February 2012
    They posted this last night on their Facebook page:

    Thank you very much for your patience. We are working diligently on the WiFi firmware and plan to have it released in one to two weeks. We had underestimated the effect WiFi would have to the software as a whole. In initial testing the performance was too slow. We were unable to achieve the speed and performance needed without modifying the existing architecture, which has been much more work than anticipated. These issues coupled with unavoidable schedule conflicts have created unintentional delays. We are confident in our product and it is not our intention to further delay the release of the firmware. We will release the firmware as soon as possible. We appreciate everyone's support and understanding.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,055
    edited February 2012
    I use an access point for now. If you need the wireless side, $25.00 will get you one. I know they said what they said but I want the best in a product (Stokers is it) and the best in a firmware update. I will use my access point until then. Besides $25 is just a few bags of lump.

    Big Lake, Minnesota

    2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

  • mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131

    understandable, my fear is if its taken this long to realize the hardwear can't support the software at a decent speed that the next communication from them will be announcing a new stoker. I realize i can do all sorts of patches to make it work, but this doesn't look good for the rocks bbq business. At least let your customers/ potential customers know as these issues developing. Some of the people on this forum are techo savy enough to probably help them.

    Thanks ShedFarm for sharing, guess that means i'm going to hold off on the stoker.

  • I just received my new Stoker. The firmware update is supposed to be released this Tuesday February 14, according to Rocks BBQ. Hopefully this will be the date.
  • Spoke to the guys at Rocks yesterday...everthing seems to be going fine with this project for Tuesday.

     

    -SMITTY     

    from SANTA CLARA, CA

Sign In or Register to comment.