Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Whole Piglet cook on Christmas day

Tim (Watkinsville)Tim (Watkinsville) Posts: 72
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
As mentioned earlier, I did cook a 21 pound piglet on my XL. I cook it indirect at 250. The pig went on the Egg at 0800. I sprayed it down with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and kosher salt. I sprayed it down every hour until I took it off at 4 PM. After an hour sitting on the counter inside, I then pulled the meat and piled it on a big cookie sheet. I think it was 9 to 10 pounds of mixed pulled pork. (I forgot to mention that I had hickory chunks throughout the lump so it was in hickory smoke the whole time.

This was the best, bar none, barbecue I have produced to date. Much better than the butts I do, which are plenty good in their own right. I think the mixture of meats, (butt, ham, rib, belly) is the key to this style of barbecue. I'll do this cook again and maybe before next Xmas.
Hats off to Buckeyegger who got me going on a supplier of piglets! 

Comments