Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Christmas Torment

mazamanmazaman Posts: 17
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

After reading this forum for months and oogeling the egg every time I went to my local grill store, my christmas present finally arrived today - a large BGE and is sitting in the table that I built over the past week or so.  Only problem is, SWMBO won't let me go near it until Christmas.  Instead, I had to use my cheap offset smoker today.  And since we always have Christmas eve catered with lots of leftovers, god knows when I'll get to use the egg.  Perhaps I can use it to reheat the chicken murphy or something,  :))

Since this is my 1st post, let me introduce myself.  I've been seriously grilling/smoking for about 7 years and I've evolved from a Weber Smokey Joe to a Brinkman Bullet smoker to a Charbroil offset smoker,  I cook outdoors every chance I get and have pretty much stopped using my kitchen on the w/e's.  I get good results from the offset smoker (and plan on keeping it for overflow for large parties), but it is such high maintenance; 16-18 hour smokes are a bear when you got to be adding charcoal every hour.  So I am really looking forward to eating brisket on a more regular basis.  I can't wait to get at the egg,  Probably start off with some forgiving stuff, a fatty, fire brick chicken, AB meatloaf, and then on to some pork butt.  I guess the one big change for me will be giving up the mop.  Do you guys find that you get just as good bark by leaving it alone, as opposed to mopping every hour?  My family used to love the apple cider - spiced rum mop I used to use.

Looking for to drinking the cool-aid

Craig

Comments