Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Thighs

BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited 8:02PM in EggHead Forum
I've never cooked chicken thighs before. Found some at the local Schnucks for .79 a lb. Do you cook them direct/indirect and low & slow? Can someone give me some info. Thanks.
·

Comments

• Banker JohnBanker John Posts: 583
    BajaTom,
    I like to do thighs at about 300 on a raised grid. they take about 1:30 but are to die for. They are plenty moist with a bit of crunch skin to them.[p]My personal preference is Raging River from DizzyPigBBQ.com but the seasoning choices are endless. Enjoy and let us know how they turn out.[p]Banker John

·
  • Banker John,
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like the way to go. I've been trying to post pictures of my last 2 or 3 cooks but can't seem to get the hang of it. I'm using the NW insturctions but doesn't want to work. Will let you know how the thighs come out.

·
  • T-47T-47 Posts: 84
    BajaTom,I followed Nature Boys' Tangy Chicken thigh recipe and it's a keeper! Very good flavor and very moist meat! That was the first time I did thighs and my family want them again.[p]
    [ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/poultry0066.htm[/ul]
    ·
    Bajam,
    best of luck on the thighs and DO let us know how they turn out. If you have a thermapen, pull them at 176 and wrap in foil for 10 minutes before serving. The skin will moisten up a bit, but the flavors will be fantaxtic, trust me![p]Banker John

·
  • UnConundrumUnConundrum Posts: 536
    Banker John,[p]A banker saying "trust me".... right ;)
    ·
    UnConundrum,
    LOL, you are right! I should have said "have faith in my judgement"[p]Banker John

·