Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chipotle cream cheese meatloaf

Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum
Howdy...

Todays Dinner in Germany :-)

I chopped some Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, fresh red Jalapenos from my garden and onions and mixed that with some cream cheese.
Then i added some grated cheddar and pork powder ( one of my bbq rubs) to two pounds of ground pork/Beef mix and mixed it very well.
Laid out some heavy duty aluminum foil, spread the meat flat all over the foil, topped it with some thinly sliced french salami that acts as a barrier and spread the chipolte cream cheese on top of the salami. Rolled it to a nice tight meat loaf, rubbed it again with Pork Powder and then cooked it on a cedar plank at 350 F with some whiskey barrel chunks.

Mighty good eats !

So long,

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,427
    That really looks good. I never thought to plank a meatloaf. What is French salami?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    That really looks good. I never thought to plank a meatloaf. What is French salami?
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,949
    NOM, that sounds and looks great!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    very cool.
    context is important :)
    ·
  • Nice job. Looks good!!
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
    ·
  • MCRMCR Posts: 270

WOW that look good!

Thanks for the post

Marc
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,478
    I had ignored this thread because meatloaf doesn't interest me.  HOWEVER, wrong I was.  Sure glad I decided to check it out now.  Looks wonderful!  Thanks for posting.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • That really looks good. I never thought to plank a meatloaf. What is French salami?
    Salami is dried cured sausage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
    Thanks for the information. But I was curious as to what a "French" salami was. After reading Wikipedia I have learned a lot about salami.
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Every time I hear of someone using cedar planks, I cringe!

It is not a hardwood and it stinks ... that aside, the loaf looks great!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • "French" Salami 
    images.jpeg 10.4K
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
    ·
  • To quote a famous tiger that looks grrreat!!!  Did you wrap with bacon looks like it in a couple of pic,but not the last pic.  Will be doing that in the near future
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • To quote a famous tiger that looks grrreat!!!  Did you wrap with bacon looks like it in a couple of pic,but not the last pic.  Will be doing that in the near future
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·